Monday, June 12, 2006

Brazil nut

Last Monday I returned from a one week trip to Brazil, where my family and I went to visit my sister Jessica. Jess is doing a junior-year-abroad type program and is studying Portuguese in a big, smelly, urban sprall of a city called Belo Horizonte. My sister says that if Rio is like L.A., and Sao Paulo is like New York, then Belo Horizonte is like Pittsburgh. Yes, I visited the Brazilian Pittsburgh. Still, it was an amazing trip. Outdoor markets, sidewalk bars, fantastic food, oh yeah. We also spent a couple of days in a beautiful hillside mountain town called Ouro Preto, which more than made up for the relative fug-factor of B.H.

Here's me in Congonhas, on the way to Ouro Preto.



Jess and mom in O.P.



Panning for gold at an abandoned mine



Best. billboard. ever.

No comments: